“I like sponsoring through this charity as I know 100% is actually going to the recipients; there’s no deductions for salaries in UK, admin or competitions to win money. I actually feel like what I’m giving is making a difference as it’s all genuine volunteers running the charity.”Child Sponsor, Friends of The William Stewart Centre, Malawi
- Could you collect coins in a jar? Do you already have lots of coins you could donate? We can still accept old £1 coins.
- Could you run a bonus ball competition for us where you get 59 people to pick a number 1-59. They pay £10 (£1 x 10 weeks) and the number that wins each week is the same as the National lottery bonus ball number. The winner gets £25, the charity gets £34 each week.
- What about a coffee morning? Or an afternoon tea? Bake sales are always popular.
- Do you paint or make crafts you could sell?
- Are you a runner or a walker and you could be sponsored to take part in an event? Could you get a few friends to join you too?
- Could you have an online fundraiser for your birthday?
- What about holding a bingo night or a disco?
- Could you talk at your club, organisation or school about our work to raise awareness? We can help with this by providing material or coming to give a talk if it’s local.
- Some people sell preloved things on ebay or social media and donate their proceeds to our work.
- Could you set up a monthly payment to support one of our feeding programme or one of our other projects? Or think about leaving a legacy?
Or something else? We would love your help and ideas.